Get Hooked on Life is a free to use marketplace that brings together young people, activity professionals, funders, local authorities and schools to create opportunity and aspiration for all young people. We are a community-benefit organisation established to provide young people with ways of accessing safe, inspirational opportunities in order to get the most out of life.
Our website provides a shop front where you can find out about activities taking place; this ranges from after-school sports activities right through to drama workshops on weekends, music groups, mountain biking, and beyond. 365 days of the year. With a Get Hooked on Life account, you can genuinely make a difference, and have fun while you’re at it!
“We also think the website is a great way of publicising our sessions and it is very eye catching and colourful once the photos and images are uploaded. We have had some interest already and it says we are popular!! It seems efficient and well laid out. The site maintains a balance of professional, practitioner friendly accessibility with information for young people displayed in a fun, colourful, visual youth friendly way.” - Barnardos Voices
We can achieve this by working closely with local authorities (Such as Sheffield City Council) to provide a range of contract monitoring services aimed at funded activity contracts, by supporting organisations to monitor their achievement, deliver activity and celebrate success.
We achieve positive outcomes for a variety of groups…
- Young people & parents
- Activity delivery professionals
- Local authorities and funders
For young people and parents to find and participate in fun activity…
- Individual accounts mean you can customise your personal profile by adding information about yourself such as what music, TV and films you like. It lets you connect with friends and see what’s happening in your local area, as well as keeping track of your points.
- Making sure there are tonnes of activities on the website is not all that we do. We make sure that each activity is checked to meet our standards – so that you can just get on with having fun!
- Your feedback is vital. It helps make decisions. So we also provide you with the opportunity to anonymously tell us what you think of the activities that you’ve been to by giving them a simple star rating.
Activity professionals to advertise and monitor activities and performance
“Since September 2011 I have been delivering activity sessions as part of the 'Kids Can Do' funding. I like the idea of the website, having a central site for information and can see its potential when all providers are using it correctly. Throughout the time we have been using this service myself and my staff have accessed support from the staff at GHOL on a regular basis. I've found the team very helpful and look forward to working with them more in the future.” – Sparkles Ltd.
- You can market your sessions with free targeted online advertising, which can be used to expand your customer base as well as engage existing members.
- Save time monitoring individual activity contracts, instantly turn attendance registers into key performance indicator reports.
- Easily track and monitor your attendance, delivery, and also monitor staff data to show that you comply with current legal and safeguarding measures; this allows you to show schools, youth clubs and local communities that you are ready to work with young people.
- Via the website you are able to gather feedback from your sessions to demonstrate impact and show others exactly how much young people value what you do.
- Because young people can book your sessions online it means that you are better equipped to plan your sessions and identify staffing requirements; and with the option of hassle-free online payment you can get on with doing what you do best!
Are you an activity provider? You can find out what you need to do to meet our simple to achieve standards, or fill out this form to register your account today.
Schools get to the information they need to know. Quickly.
- Through the system you can easily check and verify the details of external providers so that you are sure that they comply with current legal and safeguarding measures; this also means that this information is on hand when you need to compile reports for funding, local authorities and OFSTED.
- Schools can find out about the extra-curricular activities of their members; this allows them to get a fuller picture of all of the interests and positive activities which students are involved in outside of the classroom.
- We take care of generating parental consent forms for activities booked by young people directly through the website; this means one less admin job for you!
- You can use the site as a viewing platform to find out about what’s going on for young people So that you can better sign-post them to positive local, or city wide activity.
Local authorities or funders to monitor the performance of contracted activities
- Access to a wide range of accurate, up-to-date, and specific information around delivery of commissioned activities; this data can then be used to identify trends and inform decision-making, with results presented in a user friendly and easy-to-read format. Leaders therefore, are better able to streamline provision, avoid duplication, and ensure key strategic targets are met.
- Ensure that contracted providers continue to meet your contracted requirements for quality and safeguarding for the duration of the contract.
- Commissioned providers will have more time to spend on delivery rather than administration, whilst ensuring that the information captured is relevant to the funder’s needs.
- Get Hooked on Life promotes the use of technology and aims to educate and promote positive online behaviour, whilst presenting access to a wealth of positive activities within the local community. This reinforces the findings of the Government’s 2009 report ‘Tired of Hanging Around’ which identifies that sport and leisure play an important role in preventing anti-social behaviour.
We'd like to hear from you!
We’d be delighted to hear from you if you want to find out more about how Get Hooked on Life can assist you with your funded activities, activity delivery or even finding fun activities near you. You can find out more by visiting our website, or you can get in touch with us directly, by email at email@example.com. We’re also available over the telephone on 0114 407 0001 (Mon – Fri, 09:00 – 17:00) and someone will be happy to talk to you to discuss your needs.